Students can Download Samacheer Kalvi 11th English Grammar Determiners, Notes, Samacheer Kalvi 11th English Book Solutions Guide Pdf helps you to revise the complete Tamilnadu State Board New Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations. Learn the Samacheer Kalvi 11th English Grammar to enhance your grammar skills like reading comprehension, passage writing, parts of speech, tenses, passive and active voice, and many other concepts in no time.
Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi 11th English Grammar Determiners
Study the sentences given below:
I saw a juggler yesterday.
My uncle is an officer in the army.
This car is very comfortable.
Some pictures are really fine.
Do you have any complaints against me?
She is blind of one eye.
In the above sentences, h, an, the, this, my, some, any and one are words which mark the subsequent arrival of a noun. Each of them modifies the noun which follows it. Such words are called Determiners or Fixing words as they fix the nouns that follow them.
Here is a tentative list of the most frequently used Determiners:
(a) a, an, the – (Article Determiners)
(b) this, that, these, those – (Demonstrative Determiners)
(c) my, our, your, his, her, its, their, one’s – (Possessive Determiners)
(d) one, two, three, etc. – (Definite Numerical Determiners)
(e) some, any, no; all, both; much, many; few, less, several, little – (Indefinite Numeral Determiners)
(f) each, every, either, neither – (Distributive Numeral Determiners)
Use Of Some Common Determiners
- A hen laid an egg yesterday.
- Bring me the purse I gave you.
- This car is very beautiful.
- Aditi lives in that house.
- These books are yours.
- Get me those mangoes please.
- My mother is a teacher.
- Your brother is calling you.
- Our school has fifty rooms.
- Their house is double-storeyed.
- Five boys are sitting on that bench.
- He stays on the first floor.
- There isn’t any sugar in the pot.
- Will you have some tea?
- She gave me allthe apples.
- Both the friends refused to part.
- He has not solved many sums.
- There are few buses running.
- He had little money.
- I play hockey every day.
- Either book will do.
- Neither statement is true.