Students can Download Samacheer Kalvi 12th English Grammar Do as Directed: Transformation and Synthesis, Notes, Samacheer Kalvi 12th English Book Solutions Guide Pdf helps you to revise the complete Tamilnadu State Board New Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations. Get a Practical Study with the help of Samacheer Kalvi 12th English Grammar to make learning language much easy for you and score good grades in exams.
Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi 12th English Grammar Do as Directed: Transformation and Synthesis
Reported Speech/Direct And Indirect Speech
A. Write what the people actually said:
1. Rajee proudly said that she had a pet parrot in her home.
Rajee said, “I have a pet parrot in my home.”
2. The children asked the teacher when she would take them to the museum.
The children said to the teacher, “When will you take us to the museum?”
3. The customer asked the banker what had happened to all the 500 rupee notes sent by Reserve Bank.
The customer said to the banker, “What happened to all the 500 rupee notes sent by the Reserve Bank?”
4. Sindhuja requested her father to give her permission to study in Germany.
Sindhuja said to her father, “Dad, please give me permission to study in Germany.”
5. Sindhu exclaimed with joy that she had won the Asian Badminton Championship.
Sindhu said, “Wow! I have won the Asian Badminton Championship”.
6. He asked his friend what he had told the class teacher about him.
He said to his friend, “What have you told the class teacher about me?”
7. The science teacher told the students that plants release oxygen while involved in photosynthesis.
The science teacher said to the students, “Plants release oxygen while involved in photosynthesis”.
8. One passenger shouted at the conductor that he was standing on his toes.
The passenger told the conductor, “Hey, you are standing on my toes”.
9. Shelly’s mother asked him, why he was carrying the puppy by its tail.
Shelly’s mom said to him, “Why are you carrying the puppy by its tail?”
10. The villager said to the tourist that the village had a very beautiful lake.
The villager told the tourist, “The village has a beautiful lake.”
11. The captain ordered the soldiers to charge at the terrorists that very moment.
The captain said to the soldiers, “Charge at the terrorists this very moment”.
12. The old man exclaimed with sorrow that he had lost his only son.
The old man said, “Alas! I have lost my only son.”
13. My father blessed my sister and her husband that they might live long.
My father said to my sister and her husband, “May you live long!”
14. Mother told her sons that hard work would only pay.
Mother told her son, “Hard work will only pay”.
15. Rani asked Radha if he knew the way to the exhibition hall.
Rani said to Radha, “Do you know the way to the exhibition hall?”
B. Rewrite using reported speech
Karthick told his parents, “I want to pursue agriculture”.
Karthick told his parents that he wanted to pursue agriculture.
Meena told her brother “Do not use my mobile phone”.
Meena told her brother not to use her mobile phone.
Gomathi said, “Wow! what a lovely painting!”
Gomathi exclaimed that it was a lovely painting.
The science teacher said, “Humming bird is the smallest bird in the world”.
The science teacher said that the humming bird is the smallest bird in the world.
The Postman said to Kalpana, “Can you send your brother tomorrow to collect the passport?”
The postman asked Kalpana if she could send her brother the next day to collect the passport.
A popular proverb says, “Don’t cast pearls before swines”.
A popular proverb says not to cast pearls before swines.
The cook said to the customer, “We cook all items with refined groundnut oil”.
The cook told the customer that they cooked all items with refinded groundnut oil.
The teacher said to Radha, “Can you give a reason for your poor marks in math?”
The teacher asked Radha whether she could give a reason for poor marks in math.
The teacher said to the students, “Truth always triumphs”.
The teacher told the students that truth always triumphs.
The professor said to the students, “Who will co-operate with me in this project”.
The professor asked the students who would co-operate with him in that project.
The mother told her son, “Don’t pluck the leaves from the decorative plants”.
The mother advised her son not to pluck the leaves from the decorative.
Minister said to the security officer, “Send away the contractor from here right now.”
Minister ordered the security officer to send away the contractor from there right then.
Trevor said, “Is he an amazing model”?
Trevor asked whether he was an amazing model.
Ramesh said to his mother, “How can I study if you are quarrelling with dad all the time?”
Ramesh asked his mother how he could study if she was quarrelling with dad all the time.
Prabu said to Soundar, “Can you please lend me your Math note book for copying?”
Prabu requested Soundar if he could lend his Math note book for copying.